The department of General Medicine has been established for the past 18 years and is being run by team of experiencedSenior Professors,Assistant professors and Senior residents.The out-patient block is well attended on all seven days.
In-patient block functions with 150 beds with good amount of occupancy, in addition to the state of art 20 bedded intensive care unit,20 bedded coronary care unit, and 30 bedded casualty critical care unit.All the critical care beds provided with state of art equipment like multi para monitor, ventilator, pumps, defibrillator.
The department conducts the following special clinics.
- Cardiology specialty clinic with state of art cath lab, in addition provides basic evaluation includingEcg, Echo,Tread mill&Holter monitoring,
- Angiogram &intervention procedures like PTCA, pace maker implantation are done regularly.
- Dedicated Nephrology clinic has well equipped dialysis units and provides support for acute and chronic renal failure cases.
- Weekly physicians meet, journal club, case discussion is held in the department.
- Periodically guest lectures, CME and training programs are conducted in the department.
The department provide post graduate course in medicine M.D [General Medicine]